Homemade Skor Bites
Today’s guest post is from Natasha. She is sharing a legendary recipe for the most addictive dessert ever – skor bites. Make this recipe just once and everyone will ask you to make it again and again… A must-try for the holidays!
Guest Blogger: Natasha
Blog: No blog, but if you’re interested in my random musings feel free to follow me on Twitter @natashagabriel
About me: I work in PR and live in the city. I spend most of my time with friends going out for dinner or drinks and dream about living in a home designed from head to toe by Brian Gluckstein.
What is your holiday décor theme/favorite holiday décor item? Big, gorgeous stockings! My mom hangs the most amazing pair of stockings I’ve ever seen from her fireplace mantle.
What is your favorite holiday tradition? Playing board games with my family after Christmas Eve dinner. It’s really intense and competitive. We’ve already put serious thought into what game we’ll play this year.
What movie is a must for the holiday season? Love Actually because it’s amazing and Liam Neeson is really good looking older man.
Why did you choose this recipe? It’s simple, sweet and delicious! Plus, I live in a small condo without a lot of storage space making it difficult to house a lot of kitchen gadgets and specialty baking ingredients, but I always have room for butter, chocolate and sugar! I have to give a shout out to my friend Jessica. She shared this recipe with me a while back and I’m forever grateful.
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup unsalted butter
1/2 package milk chocolate chips
1 box Premium Plus crackers
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Melt butter and brown sugar in a saucepan. It’s really critical to make sure you have equal parts sugar and butter.
- Stir often until mixture has a thick syrup consistency. If you’re not sure, let it melt together longer.
- While the sugar and butter are melting, line a baking sheet with crackers. When the sugar/butter mixture is ready, pour over the crackers and spread evenly.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over crackers. Spread evenly. Return to oven for another 5-8 minutes.
- Once the crackers are done baking, let tray stand until cool enough to put in your fridge. Cool for 2 hours or until hardened. Break into small pieces. Enjoy!