When it is this hot out I don’t even want to turn the oven on. I realize it’s been ages since I shared a recipe. I made this Gaspacho (cold tomato soup) earlier this week and it was delicious and cool. Oh, and SO easy to make. Mine looked similar to the photo below and tasted even better!
I based my recipe from one I found on AllRecipes.com and changed it up a bit. You can check out the details below.
- 1 3/4 pounds ripe tomatoes
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- Shredded Cheese
- Chop up your cucumber, green pepper, onion, crush your garlic and mix up the ingredients in a bowl.
- Score the tomatoes (add to boiling water for 1 minute, dunk in cold water and remove the skins) and then puree them in a blender.
- Add the tomatoes and the tomato paste to the bowl. Add vinegar and oil and mix together.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and chill for two hours.
- Spoon soup into bowls and add chopped egg, green onion, avocado and shredded cheese.