I’ve been wanting to make cake pops for ages and finally, with our little birthday shindig a few weeks ago I had the perfect opportunity. I went with vanilla pops, coated in yellow candy melts with all kinds of different colour sprinkles.
Sorry the photo is a bit blurry, I took it in a rush before all of them were eaten… They were delicious but not entirely un-painful to make. Here are the basic steps:
- Bake a cake of any kind. You can make from scratch but I used a mix (I love vanilla cake from a box – guilty pleasure for sure!)
- Crumble the cake then add about half a container of ready-made icing until you cake make a giant ball.
- Split the batter into little balls and line-up on a cookie sheet
- Chill in the fridge or freezer for a few hours.
- Melt down the candy and dip each ball, adding sprinkles for decoration
- Chill in the fridge until the candy melt sets.